3D Dan Black Belt
Requirements for Rank:
All students must fulfill various requirement to earn their next rank. Below is an overview of what is expected. For a complete guide download the rank packet below.
3D Dan Black Belt to 4th Dan Black Belt:
- Knowledge: Meaning of forms Tae-Jang & Sun-Duk
- One steps: #1-49 | Three steps: #1-33
- Form: Sun-Duk & Tae Jang
- Sparring: Free Sparring & Contact Sparring
- Self Defense: 1.1.1 – 5.4.3 – all same-side, cross-side, double-hand, shoulder grab, and lapel grab techniques
- Board Breaking: Minimum of 3 techniques. 1 hand, 1 foot, 1 flying over obstacle. Or 2 hand techniques and 2 jump kicks off opposite sides.
- Minimum Classes/Time: Minimum 36 months and 360 classes (2.5/week)
- Testing Fee for 4th Dan Black Belt: $750
- Must be 18 years old.
- Must attend average of 2 ACTA Black Belt/Instructor seminars per year.
- Must assist at class at least 36 times per year.
- Should be teaching classes on a regular basis. One time per month or more on average
- Must test at High Ranking Testing in San Antonio.
- Must complete testing packet with thesis paper on Tae Kwon Do (topics provided by headquarters).