Tae Kwon Do is a Korean martial art that has been enriching the lives of it’s participants for over 1,500 years. Grand Master In Mook Kim brought this ancient art to the United States in 1968 when he founded Kim’s Academy of Tae Kwon Do. He went on to form the American ChungDoKwan TaeKwonDo Association, or ACTA. ACTA Minnesota is one regional branch of this national organization and we continue the tradition of creating a quality atmosphere that encourages a healthy lifestyle, builds confidence, and instills core values in our students.
- Limited startup risk for new students – no long term contracts. Class fees are much lower than most store front martial arts programs. Visit our Programs Page for more information.
- The overall skill/experience of the instructors is exceptional (minimum 4th Dan Black belt). This level of experience at each class is very unusual for most Martial Arts programs. Visit our Instructor Page for more information.
- Our classes offer a welcoming environment to a diverse student base, including the ability to work with kids with learning disabilities.
- We have a passion for delivering a quality product for our students and parents.
- Students have ability to progress at own pace and get a sense of accomplishment with belt progression. Students don’t test unless they’re ready.
- Class and program structure provides opportunities to set and achieve short and long-term goals.
- We take pride in the integrity of our program and take great care to ensure that students are actually learning important skills they can use for a lifetime.
- Our Trainee instructor program is very beneficial to teen students, giving them leadership skills that get them ready for college and careers. Visit our Instructors Page for more information.